HIPAA Compliance Resources
Understanding HIPAA compliant backup from the Managed Service Provider perspective
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) has created both opportunities and challenges for MSPs backing up sensitive medical records.
If you are an IT managed services provider (MSP) or value-added reseller (VAR) serving the healthcare vertical, you know you need to abide by HIPAA, but understanding its rules and requirements can be a challenge. Barracuda MSP has committed to HIPAA compliance, and we have developed a library of data backup resources to help our partners better understand the regulation, take steps to comply, and even leverage the opportunity for business success.
Explore our HIPAA compliant backup resources below, or Contact Us to learn more.
- HIPAA violations that you or your customers might have overlooked
- Ransomware’s growing impact on healthcare security and HIPAA compliance
- Ask an MSP Expert: How to help my health care customer be HIPAA compliant
- Ask an MSP Expert: How to use compliance as an MSP sales tool
- How to use Compliance-as-a-Service to set your MSP business apart
- Health care IT security: What IT service providers need to know
Visit the official U.S. central governmental hub for all HIPAA issues including rules, standards and implementation guides.