Business Communication Systems
MSP improves efficiency by over 40 percent by switching to Barracuda RMM
Business Communication Systems of North Carolina (BCS of NC), based in New Bern, NC, has been providing IT, security, voice and data cabling services, and phone installation to the local community since 1999. IT Director Tchitchu van Barneveld, now one of the company’s owners, joined BCS of NC with a goal to transitioning to a managed services model. Today, he has made this a core business model, growing revenue by 55 percent.
“I’m a software developer by trade with a background as a network analyst. When I joined the company, I saw an opportunity to move the company to a managed services model and deliver customized security solutions for doctors’ offices, clinics, hospitals, as well as police and sheriff offices in the community. These vertical markets were not being served well,” he explains. “With my experience, we have been able to build expertise in these vertical markets and differentiate our services. This has also helped us build strong, personal relationships with our customers.”
- BCS needed a solution that could help them cost-effectively deliver managed security services and provide tools to scale as they grew.
- Automate the delivery of security services
- Remotely monitor a customer’s network with the onsite device manager
Their decision to switch to Barracuda RMM gave BCS the ability to:
- Increased efficiency by over 40 percent
- Added seven managed security customers to its client base
- Helped reduce customer downtime that occurred as a result of a natural disaster
By using Barracuda RMM’s automation and remote monitoring capabilities, BCS:
Barracuda RMM assists MSP in helping customers rebuild following disaster
Barracuda RMM helps us efficiently deliver security services without high costs for our clients or disruptions to their business. When Hurricane Michael hit our community, we were also reminded of the dedicated support our account team provides every day. All of this contributes to the growth of our business.”
Tchitchu van Barneveld, Owner and IT Director, Business Communication Systems