CMIT Solutions of Columbia
Barracuda Essentials helps significantly reduce email problems and retain customers
About CMIT Solutions of Columbia
After getting laid off from his job at a cosmetics company in 2009, Tom Burtzlaff decided to buy a CMIT Solutions tech-services franchise, and he founded CMIT of Columbia in 2010. Over the years, Burtzlaff and his team built up the business to more than 50 managed services clients with a 97 percent customer retention rate. Earlier this year, the company was sold within the CMIT Solutions system, and Burtzlaff stayed on as an area coordinator representative, assisting the franchise’s eight locations in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. “If done correctly, the MSP sales model is sticky,” says Burtzlaff. “Barracuda MSP has become our trusted advisor over the years, and that enables us to be our customers’ trusted advisor.”
- In the process of moving all of its clients’ email systems to Office 365, the business needed a complementary solution to protect its customers’ data and ensure compliance.
- Fully protect customers in highly regulated industries
- Leverage archiving and cloud-to-cloud backup to maintain compliance
By partnering with Barracuda MSP and leveraging Barracuda Essentials for email security, CMIT Solutions of Columbia was able to:
- Justify bundling Essentials for Email Security with every Office 365 sale because of the significant reduction in customer spam emails and related email problems.
- Provide an excellent customer experience and maintain a 97 percent retention rate over the past several years.
Using Barracuda Essentials, CMIT has been able to:
CMIT’s partnership with Barracuda MSP keeps them ahead in security
I like working with Barracuda. They’ve always been good at keeping us up to date with what’s next in security, and they’ve been an excellent partner.”
Tom Burtzlaff, Area Developer, CMIT Solutions