Momentum Driven by New Product Delivery and Innovation, Customer Expansion, and MSP Growth in First Quarter Fiscal 2019
• Barracuda Essentials, the company’s all-in-one email security, backup and archiving service, saw 232 percent growth year over year in sales bookings through its MSP Business in Q1.
• Q1 email security product bookings grew 36 percent year-over-year and is over a $100 million annual run rate.
• With more than 50,000 email security customers worldwide, Barracuda saw a strong performance in Q1 driven by key product innovations across its email security business.
Barracuda Networks, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-enabled security and data protection solutions, today announced accelerated growth in its email security business for the first quarter fiscal 2019 that ended May 31, 2018. Driven by new product delivery and innovation, and continued MSP growth, Barracuda achieved 36 percent bookings growth year over year for its email protection products, compared to 9 percent in the first quarter fiscal 2018.
“We are excited to see ongoing momentum across our email security business which positions Barracuda for further growth,” said BJ Jenkins, CEO of Barracuda. “Our product pipeline is strong, and more and more companies are relying on MSP partners to provide their security and data protection services. We are focused on continuing to expand our industry-leading portfolio and helping customers to maximize their IT investments across highly distributed, diverse cloud and hybrid environments.”
Barracuda is a leader with a long history in security and data protection technologies recently surpassing one million shipments of cloud-connected products. The company recently added advanced AI to protect businesses from spear phishing and cyber fraud. The company’s innovations around targeted attacks, AI, archiving, and data protection help customers fight smarter, mitigate risks, and eliminate threats.
Barracuda also became the first email security portfolio vendor to add computer-based training to its stack of offerings with the acquisition of PhishLine. Barracuda is the only security provider that offers customers a combination of gateway security, data protection, AI-based targeted threat protection, and user awareness training to deliver comprehensive protection against email-borne threats.
Barracuda Email Protection Business Financial Highlights Q12019:
• Barracuda Essentials MSP Growth: Sales bookings for Barracuda Essentials grew 232 percent through the Barracuda MSP business year over year.
• Email Security Growth: First quarter worldwide bookings growth for Barracuda’s Email Protection products was 36 percent year over year.
• Customers: Barracuda serves more than 50,000 email security customers worldwide. New customers choosing Barracuda email protection solutions, include Felbermayr Holding GmbH, The Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Wellington College.
Barracuda Email Protection Business Highlights:
• Barracuda Email Protection Momentum:
• Processes more than one billion email messages per day.
• Archives more than 90 billion email messages.
• Social Engineering Defense:
New Barracuda Sentinel Account Takeover (ATO) capabilities provide AI-based detection and remediation of email accounts that have been breached and are being used by malicious actors to send spam, viruses and spear phishing attacks. This industry leading solution takes insider threat prevention to the next level, mitigating risk of internal phishing and malware, as well as safeguarding against brand erosion due to attacks on other organizations.
• Training and Simulation:
•Expanded Barracuda PhishLine product portfolio with a new edition suited for organizations with less than 1,000 employees, tuned specifically for distribution through the reseller channel. It is now available in multiple versions to fit the needs of organizations of all sizes.
• New Barracuda PhishLine Levelized Programs feature provide organizations a unique way to keep users engaged and focused on improving their awareness by incentivizing good behavior.
• Barracuda Essentials:
• Enhanced capabilities to identify and block phishing attempts by senders masquerading as internal employees.
• Expanded DMARC support in Barracuda Essentials provides additional options for enforcement.
• Additional privacy-controls and MSP-specific roles allows MSPs to easily administer and support their customer base.
• Industry Recognition:
• CRN recognized Barracuda on its 2018 Security 100: 20 Coolest Web, Email, and Application Security Vendors, recognizing vendors that have changed the game around web, email, and application security.
• ChannelPro Network honored Barracuda as its Gold Winner for the Best Email Security Vendor in its 2018 Reader’s Choice Awards.
Get more information about Barracuda’s email protection portfolio: https://www.barracuda.com/products/email_protection
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda simplifies IT with cloud-enabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications and data, regardless of where they reside. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployment configurations. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data protection. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda, and the Barracuda Networks logo are registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the US and other countries.